|Kote kote kei/old school vk makeup tutorial
||[Apr. 3rd, 2008 ♔ 11:54 am]
How to make it right
|[||m o o d
|[||s o u n d
|||||Noi'X - Missing You||]|
first post!! I made a tutorial for this kind of makeup a while back... and looking at it now, it's baaaaad D: so I've made a new one.
you will need:
- black liquid eyeliner
- black pencil eyeliner
- black eyeshadow
- whatever you apply eyeshadow with
- black mascara
- red lipstick (or the color of your choice)
- liner matching that lipstick
1. Start with a clean face. Apply foundation which MATCHES YOUR SKINTONE and apply evenly. Set with powder. Good foundation coverage is very important for this kind of makeup.
2. Start your eyemakeup with a line of liquid eyeliner on your upper lashline. If it isn't perfect, it isn't a big deal (since you're going to have black eyeshadow on your eyelid, anyway)
3. With liquid or pencil liner (it doesn't matter which and I don't remember what I used), line under your eye and in the inner corner.
4. Eyeshadow! This is where personal preference and your personal facial features affect this... but basicly, apply black eyeshadow to your whole eyelid and extending it to whatever shape you want it to be. I just use a sponge tip applicator, but a wet brush works very well for this step.
5. The crease. Again, placement/shape of this is relative to personal preference and your facial features... but as for technique, I use pencil eyeliner to draw the fake crease on. Although this is only the beginning of it in THIS tutorial, I've seen quite a few visual kei band members just leave it like this.
6. Connecting the crease. I like to make my fake crease actually part of the existing eyemakeup by using eyeshadow. I thicken the outer end of the line with black eyeshadow and blend it into the outer end of the black eyeshadow I had previously applied. In order to not have just a solid definition between crease and eyeshadow, I blend from the outer end toward the center so that it fades from black.
7. Eyebrows. I have shaved eyebrows and I have for years... so if you have natural eyebrows, I really don't have a place to give advice for that... just do what you do to define your eyebrows. Bushy brown caterpillars will not work with this look.
I use a sharpened eyeliner pencil to draw my eyebrows. For this style, you'll probably want the front thicker than the rest of your eyebrow.
8. More eyeshadow. Black eyeshadow again! Apply under the front end of your eyebrow blending it so that it fades out towards the arch and towards the inner corner of your eye. At this step, I also added some black eyeshadow under my eye fading inward from the outer corner
9. Add mascara and anything extra you might be doing (such as my forehead dot)
10. Lipstick!! just apply some to your lips WITHIN the shape you want it to be. To much lipstick is too much moisture... and that creates a smeary mess when you're trying to blend.
11. Using a liner which matches your lipstick, build on what you already have, distrubuting the lipstick with the liner, to get the shape of your lips or desired lip shape.
12. Line your desired lip shape with black pencil eyeliner.
13. Blend your black liner using the red liner pencil by pulling some of the inner edge of your black line inward and then blending it in so that the black fades into the red. After that, you may have to repeat depending on how much black you want.
and then you're finished!